If you're like many people, your weight is something that's always been a struggle. You've tried fad diets and exercise programs and while they may have worked for a little while, the results never lasted. It was discouraging, to say the least, so you stopped trying.
But what if there was something different? Something that would work long-term without any gimmicks or tricks?
With Pro Results Personal Training from MPower Fitness Coaching it doesn't matter how busy you are or how limited your time is because we offer various levels of personal training!
We know what it takes to get results and we're here to help show you just how simple it can be with our proven methods! Whether this is your first attempt at long-term weight loss or whether you've tried before and failed, we'll make it work for you. We guarantee long-term results!
Let’s check out some of our tried and tested tips for weight reduction.
Suggestions for long-term weight reduction
1. Exercise. This is the essential aspect of any weight loss program. If you don't get your heart rate up and break a sweat, you're not doing anything that will move the needle on the bathroom scale.
2. Eat less and eat healthily. It sounds like a broken record, but it bears repeating: calories in vs. calories out. To lose weight over time, you must consume fewer calories than you burn. The only way to reduce weight permanently is to cut back on added sugar and refined carbohydrates while increasing intake of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans/legumes, low-fat dairy, and high-quality proteins.
3. Eat at regular intervals. This is important for managing blood sugar and hunger levels, which are critical players in success in weight loss. Aim to eat three meals plus two to four small snacks each day (think nutrient-dense, calorie-dense foods like nuts or nut butter). Some people may also benefit from a low-carb diet or intermittent fasting.
4. Drink more water, and drink when you're thirsty. Staying hydrated is key to overall health, including weight management. Aim for eight glasses of pure water a day (about 2 liters). If you don't like the taste of plain old H2O, try adding slices of lemon, lime, cucumber, or grapefruit.
5. Get more sleep and manage your stress. You can't make intelligent choices about what you eat if you're tired and frazzled (sleep and stress management are critical components of good health and wellness). Make time for at least 7 to 8 hours of high-quality shut-eye every night. If you're constantly stressed, consider enrolling in yoga or meditation classes, making time to take long walks in the fresh air, practicing deep breathing exercises when your mind starts to race, or simply curling up with a good read instead of raiding the fridge.
6. Praise yourself for the healthy choices you make most days. This is the most crucial step of all. Give yourself credit for your efforts—no matter how small or seemingly insignificant they may seem to you! Each time you pass on that second helping, you choose to take the stairs instead of the elevator. Each time you park at the far end of the parking lot and walk to work, you are building a healthier, happier life. And that's what it's all about!
7. Don't fall prey to fad diets or quick-fix promises. Only through lifestyle changes can you achieve long-term weight loss and good health. Beware of any program that claims otherwise, especially those that promise instant success with little to no effort.
8. Don't beat yourself up if things get off track now and then. We're all human, and we all deserve a do-over when we stumble or fall. It's how you handle the little detours that will determine your overall success: learn from them, dust yourself off, and keep going!
9. Stay positive and surround yourself with people who are supportive of your efforts to be healthy. If someone brings you down or makes you question your choices, politely but firmly distance yourself from them. We all have cravings for chocolate, salty chips, or sweet baked goods now and then—we are only human, remember? But the more you surround yourself with people who support your healthy choices, the easier it will be for you to stay on track when cravings strike.
10. Reflect on how far you've come instead of worrying about how far you have left to go. You made a decision to get healthier and change your lifestyle, and you've come a long way. Don't ignore all the little victories that have gotten you to where you are now. You'll get there before you know it!
11. Have fun exploring your newfound interest in food, cooking, and health. This is an exciting time filled with possibilities! Get creative in the kitchen, learn to cook new dishes using wholesome ingredients, and try out some of the tips you'll find on this site. You'll be amazed at how much better your body feels when you put nutritious foods into it that are free of pesticides, hormones, GMOs, refined sugars, gluten, and other chemicals found in processed foods.
12. Remember that weight management is a lifelong process, not a destination you reach, and then check off your list of New Year's resolutions. Instead of setting an unrealistic goal, work on making the choices you know are right most days of the week—and then reward yourself for all your hard work! A new pair of jeans or a smaller dress size may be an excellent reward for achieving your weight loss goals, but the only way you'll keep that pair of new jeans from sagging off your hips is by continuing to make healthy choices every day.
13. Don't set yourself up for failure with unrealistic expectations and hopes of losing 50 pounds in a month or two. And by all means, don't use fad diets to go from "fat" to "fit" in a short amount of time.
14. Get your family and friends involved in your weight loss efforts. The most significant predictor of success for long-term weight management is social support, so reach out and get everyone on board with the new, healthier you!
Why You Need MPower Fitness Coaching
Pro Results Personal Training is perfect for those who are interested in changing their lives forever. It doesn't matter if you're young or old, all that matters is that you're willing to commit to doing what's necessary for your health and your future. Our team of certified staff who are ready to help you with an exceptional weight loss experience will give you the guidance, knowledge, and encouragement you need!
If you're looking for long-term results in less time than it would take most people with regular training then this is the program that's right for you.
With Pro Results Personal Training from MPower Fitness Coaching, you won't be training like the average Jane. Our sessions are always made up of a wide variety of exercises and we will never ask you to do any exercise that you're not 100% comfortable with.
If you want to lose weight, improve your health and fitness level, or just feel better about yourself then MPower Fitness Coaching is for you. Our team of certified staff is ready to help you achieve the goals that matter most to you in less time than it would take someone who trains on their own.
With personalized sessions created specifically for your needs by a qualified trainer, we will provide all the guidance, knowledge, and encouragement necessary so that achieving these results doesn't have to be difficult at all!