Women go to the gym for different reasons. Some come to lose weight while others keep their physical appearance or their heart-healthy. Some women come to maintain their muscle mass, and there are other more reasons to go to a gym.
A woman's reason or goal to achieve in a gym would also be the one to dictate which equipment she should use to reach her target. There is some most common gym equipment typically found in a gym in Chino, California, that works best for a woman's needs, such as a dumbbell set or a barbell set.
However, there are female gym goers that are not comfortable with the equipment, such as the ones mentioned, and others would not want to lift free weights as well. But even if they do not want these, they still need to combine cardio with resistance training to achieve their desired results.
To help these women reach their target, M-Power Fitness ensures that women have a variety of equipment to choose from that can also be an alternative for dumbbells, barbells, squat racks, and bumper plates.
Common Gym Equipment
- Training Bench is perhaps the most basic yet very useful gym equipment as it is very versatile. It can also be used by anyone of any age, so women can use this and older or younger people, athletes, men, etc. The training bench's backrest can be adjusted, which allows the user to shift it to an incline position from a flat position. This gym equipment can be used for different types of workouts, including sit-ups and weight training exercises.
- Barbell Set – among the different uses of a barbell include toning the body, losing weight, strength training, and can also help increase bone density to help avoid getting fractures while lifting. A barbell set comes in various options, but women usually use the 45lb. bar.
- Dumbbell Set – is made from different materials and varying shapes and sizes to accommodate everyone's needs. Users can choose from light to heavy weights depending on their needs and goals.
- Smith Machine – is a vertical bar attached to steel rails and is a great alternative to barbells and free weights. This machine is very easy to use, making it perfect for beginners or those only starting with weight lifting. To use the Smith Machine, the user can either attach weights or simply use the bar to perform various exercises to help build the muscle, such as squats, shoulder presses, and deadlifts.
- Hack Squat – this machine is useful for women looking for their lower body to get toned and those who are at risk for conditions like osteoporosis or osteopenia as they require total body resistance training. The Hack Squat has weights on a bar above the shoulder, and this works with the user placing her back against the machine's back pad and then hooking her shoulders under the shoulder pads while her feet are on the platform. The user then lowers the equipment while her knees are bent and then will raise it again. Hack Squat is for resistance training.
- Water Rower – like what its name suggests involves motion similar to that of rowing. This machine offers a complete body workout where there is a synergy between the pushing of the lower body and the pulling of the upper body. The user is seated on the water rower while her feet are on the footrests. While in this position, she grabs a handle and then starts moving up and back, creating a rowing movement. Water rowers may be helpful for women who have issues with the posture that result from prolonged typing or sitting. Rowers also use this machine at times to train if they cannot train outdoors for whatever reason.
- Glute Machine – women who use this machine, can select the weight they want to lift. To use this, the user should be standing and then lift the weight backward using her foot.
- Total Gym Core Trainer – This machine is also another type of equipment that is easy to work with, and it comes with a rolling glide board equipped with a pad and has handles on top. The Total Gym Core Trainer is used to strengthen the back, shoulders, abdomen, and hips, and it lets the user do pikes, planks, and crunches. With this machine, women who use it can create their exercises according to their ability and strength.
- Stationary Bike – perfect option for females wanting to firm up and burn some calories as this can easily make them sweat. This machine offers an excellent cardio workout, and spinning it at only a moderate pace would be easy as well on the joints. They can increase calorie burning by adding some bursts of resistance and intensity.
- Treadmill – is for women who want to have a better shape and to lean out. This machine targets multiple muscle groups while at the same time helps burn calories. The Treadmill's speed can be adjusted and inclined during a workout. Inclines on a treadmill helps in strengthening the calf muscles, glutes, hamstrings, and quadriceps, while running on it targets every muscle in the glutes, legs, and hips.
- Pull-Up Assist – to use this machine, the user gradually increases her weight to pull while decreasing the amount of the machine's assistance until eventually, she can pull up on her own.
- Free Motion Dual Cable Cross – this machine comes with so many cables to let the user do different types of resistance exercises. Women can do their exercises on this machine while standing, sitting, kneeling, or supine, and this also allows them to do various exercises from basic to complex ones.
What is the Best Gym Equipment for Women?
Women are always on the move, and they want to stay fit. They keep moving in and out of their houses, offices and even play with their kids.
Women usually work hard with any exercise equipment. This is why they must have access to the best gym equipment. These days, you can find many types of devices in a gym that help people lose fat and make them strong enough to lead a healthy life without any problem. But we should learn how to use these machines properly to get good results from our training session.
If someone is looking for fitness, they should choose some good gym equipment according to their requirement or workout plan, which gives them a better result than other machines that provide limited benefits.
Machines like treadmills, elliptical machines, and stair climbers are suitable for women's health or weight loss.
If at home, they can go with a stationary bike or any other low-impact device like a rowing machine, etc. all these things help them stay safe from injuries and give them strength and flexibility without any effort.
Coaches at M-Power Fitness may suggest some exercise programs that help people shed more calories than before and keep their body fit at the same time.
Train According to Your Fitness Level
Gym equipment can be intimidating at first, but remember that you should gradually work at your own pace and increase weight and repetitions. Having your M-Power Fitness trainer guide you every step of the way can help you avoid any injury.
Try to do some warm-ups before starting your workout routine. Before stepping on a treadmill or elliptical, for example, it is recommended that you start by walking in place and slowly speed up on both machines. The same goes for when stepping off the machine; make sure to walk back down to a safe place before removing your foot from the platform.
Some women may want to train their arms with weight machines that use cables or pulleys instead, which require less stress on your upper body than barbells and dumbbells.
If you're looking for the best gym equipment, it's crucial to find a place that has all the machines and tools necessary. Not only can this help with your fitness goals, but it will also give you peace of mind knowing they have what is needed in case something goes wrong or if you need assistance understanding how to use them properly.
We hope this blog post answered some questions about why women should use good quality exercise equipment.