Do you have a reason not to exercise even though you know it is good for your health? I bet that you have heard most of the reasons below and will be able to relate. At MPower Fitness Coaching in Chino, CA, we do our best to motivate our clients and educate them on the value of getting up and exercising even when they don’t feel like it.
However, after reading this article, you might want to go out there and give exercise a chance.
The most common excuses why people do not exercise are:
1. I don't have time. This is probably the most common excuse for not exercising. People are very busy nowadays, with work and family life, and not having a social life. There are only 24 hours a day, and people still try to cram their daily tasks into that small amount of time.
However, you need to realize that exercise is one of those tasks you cannot skip. If you want to improve your health and fitness, you have to find time for exercise no matter how busy you are. This is why it's best to go to an MPower gym near me to exercise.
Training does not take long; 15-20 minutes on most days of the week is enough. You can do it first thing in the morning or last thing at night, before or after work. Once you get into the habit of exercising, you will not even realize how much time it takes out of your day.
2. I don't have enough money to join a gym or pay for classes. You can still exercise without joining a gym or signing up for fitness classes. There are many ways to get fit without spending a dime.
3. I don't have the right equipment. You do not need to join a gym or buy every new fitness gadget that comes out on the market as long as you have just some essential pieces of equipment at home, such as dumbbells and medicine balls for strength training and some aerobic equipment, such as an exercise bike, treadmill, or jump rope.
4. I'm too tired/lazy/stressed to exercise. This is the most common excuse for not exercising and yet another reason it is essential to make exercise a habit. Once you make exercise a part of your life, it will help you get more energy to stay active and even reduce stress.
5. I'm too old/injured/out of shape to exercise. This is another common excuse for not exercising, but it does not make any sense since you can start exercising at any age and condition of your body. It is never too late or too early to start working out. You can even begin exercising if you are injured or very out of shape because there are countless exercises that you can do without putting any pressure on your joints.
6. I'm too embarrassed to exercise in public. As long as you show up at the gym, go to a class, run around the block, or take your dog out for a walk, you will not be the only one who is embarrassed, and you will not be the last. Everyone has been a beginner at some point, and nobody can judge you as long as you are working hard to get healthier and fitter.
7. I don't know what exercises to do. There are countless ways to exercise, but many people do not realize that they need to go to the gym or take fitness classes to stay active and fit. You can walk, run, play with your children at the park, do household chores such as mopping floors and vacuuming; can dance; you can perform calisthenics and yoga poses.
8. I don't enjoy physical exercise. If you don't enjoy exercising, it will be hard for you to stick with a fitness program, and the chances of getting results are close to zero. However, once you start thinking of exercise as fun and part of your everyday life, as long as it helps you get healthier and fitter, you will likely see positive changes.
9. I don't know how to exercise correctly and safely. You can learn everything about exercise from reputable sources such as personal trainers, physicians, physiotherapists, and so on. There is no need to worry about learning how to exercise because you will find many resources online and offline that provide reliable information on the topic.
10. I will not keep up with the class/other people in the gym/with my trainer. When you join a fitness class or start working out with a personal trainer, it is essential to learn and practice the proper technique to avoid injuries and ensure that you get the most out of your workout routine.
11. I have no motivation. There are many ways to stay motivated to exercise, from setting short-term and long-term goals that you would like to achieve through regular exercise, watching fitness DVDs, or reading posts on fitness websites. Get a workout partner so you can hold each other accountable for going to the gym, wearing nice workout clothes, and so forth.
12. I don't have enough time to exercise. As long as you find an hour a day to exercise, whether in the morning before work or at night after dinner, there won't be enough time to find excuses for not doing it.
13. It's too hot/cold/wet/humid. Outside of extreme weather conditions such as heavy snow or hurricane winds that make it dangerous to go outside, you can always find ways to exercise suitable for your current outdoor needs. For example, if it is too hot out or if your neighborhood does not have good sidewalks for jogging, you can go to the mall and take a brisk walk inside.
14. I don't know how to exercise without making my injury worse. While it is true that you need to be careful when exercising with an injury, this does not mean that you cannot start exercising again at all. You need to find out what exercises would be safe for your body and gradually build up strength and flexibility in your injured area.
15. It's too expensive to join a gym/take fitness classes. Suppose you are worried about the cost of joining a gym. In that case, an affordable option can be done online or by asking your local community center about discounted memberships and daily drop-in rates. Besides, you will get a better return on your investment in a gym like MPower Fitness Coaching than if you do not exercise at all because you will be healthier and more energetic.
16. I don't have any equipment to work out with at home. You can easily find inexpensive workout clothes and gear such as free weights, dumbbells, resistance bands, jump ropes, or anything else that you think would help you stay active at home.
17. I don't know how to maintain a workout routine. While it is true that it may be hard to stay motivated, there are many ways to find information on how to plan your workouts and track your progress, even if you do the same exercises repeatedly. MPower Fitness Coaching can help you establish a fitness routine that is suited to your needs and fitness goals. Remember that there’s no one-size fits all plan for better health.
Exercise is necessary for a healthy lifestyle, and there are no valid excuses as to why people should not start exercising today. It does not take too much time, money, or effort to get yourself fit and stay active. You can exercise with your friends or family members, change your workout routine from time to time, and use different resources online for various fitness ideas.
MPower Fitness Coaching also offers online coaching so you can work around your schedule and your needed fitness regimen. Even if you are busy with work or school, there is always time to squeeze in some exercise into your daily routine.