If you're looking for a new workout that will leave you feeling stronger and more muscular throughout your body, then try these seven exercises at a personal training gym in Chino like MPower Fitness Coaching. These moves work together to form a full-body workout routine designed to help improve your strength, endurance, and coordination.
Push Ups are one of the best upper-body workouts because they target not only your chest muscles but your arms, shoulders, and core as well. Beginners to personal training gym in Chino can start by doing this move against a wall so they don't have to support their full body weight. As you get stronger, you will want to move your feet further away from the wall and gradually lower yourself down and up.
Pushup with a Twist
- Begin in a pushup position with your hands on the floor. Keep your back straight, and make sure it does not dip or sag. Bend your elbows to lower yourself down towards the ground until you are an inch away from touching it. Hold yourself up for three seconds at this point, then lift yourself by extending your arms out. Bring your right knee up to touch the ground, then rotate your torso towards that leg. Touch the ground with it once you are facing forward again.
- Next, lift yourself again by extending both arms out and bringing your left knee up to touch the floor. Twist to face it this time, lifting both knees off of the ground at this point. Do three push ups with a twist, then go back to the start position and do three normal pushups again. Make sure that your back stays straight at all times as you perform this exercise. Also, make sure that it does not dip or sag as you perform the move. Keep your abs engaged throughout the whole movement.
Many people think squats only work your legs, but, at MPower Fitness Coaching, we educate our clients that these exercises target all different muscles in your body – especially your core – as well as strengthen your bones and increase flexibility. Beginners can begin by simply standing up and sitting back down with good form. Over time, they can work on doing squats that involve a little jump or even holding dumbbells in their hands to increase the strength of this muscle-building exercise.
Pullups are one of the most effective upper-body workouts around because they target more than just your arms and shoulders. Your back, biceps, and core muscles all get a workout with pull ups as well. This upper-body exercise is not easy because it requires you to lift 100% of your body weight in the air. If you are new to doing pull ups, then start by trying them at home until you can do more.
- Grab the bar with both hands while keeping your palms turned away from you.
- Bend your legs and put them underneath your body. Keep your feet flat on the ground if possible, or else lift them by hooking your ankles under something sturdy like a desk, chair, or bench in front of you.
- This is the starting position for a pullup. Pull yourself up towards the bar as high as you can go, and make sure to keep your back straight throughout this movement.
Lunges are a great personal training gym in Chino for your legs that also work other muscles in your body, especially your core and upper back. Stand up straight with your hands above your head while holding onto dumbbells if you want additional resistance or weight during this exercise. Then take a big step forward and bend your legs until both knees are at a 90-degree angle, and make sure you keep your back straight as you perform the exercise. You can alternate between lunges with each leg forward to work your muscles even more effectively.
Pushups will strengthen your chest, arms, shoulders, and core as you work on keeping your body straight and pushing up onto your hands and toes. Again, beginners can start by doing this move against a wall to prevent having to support their full body weight. As you get stronger, work on holding yourself up longer with good form during the pushup.
If you want to target not only your arms but also your chest muscles, then try doing dips. You can start by trying this exercise at home or even in your office so you don't have to support your full body weight until you are strong enough. Then, when you work on doing dips at a personal training gym in Chino with weights in your hands, be sure to keep your back straight and bend your elbows to get the most out of this muscle-building exercise.
- With your palms turned inward, grasp the edge of a sturdy chair with both hands. Extend your legs straight out in front of you. Slowly bend your elbows and lower yourself down until your upper arms are parallel to the floor. Push yourself back up until your arms are fully extended. Squeeze your back muscles together at the top and repeat.
- To do the core move: Sit up nice and tall with good posture while holding onto dumbbells if you want more resistance during this exercise. Then, lift your feet so that your shins are parallel to the floor while keeping your back straight and level with the ground. Raise both dumbbells above your head while performing this Pilates core move to get even more of a workout on your abs.
7. Core Exercises
This core workout targets all of your abdominals, obliques, and lower back muscles to improve strength and flexibility. Sit up nice and tall with good posture while holding onto dumbbells if you want more resistance during this exercise. Then, lift your feet so that your shins are parallel to the floor while keeping your back straight and level with the ground. Raise both dumbbells above your head while performing these core moves to get even more of a workout on your abs.
No matter what type of personal training workout you prefer at MPower Fitness Coaching, a personal training gym in Chino, these seven exercises can help you strengthen all of your muscles and give you a great full-body workout.
You may have a number of reasons to start at a new personal training gym in Chino. Your workout has plateaued, you are no longer improving, or your workout has become boring. With the help of your MPower Fitness Coaching personal trainer, these new workout routines can help you get back on track.
No matter what type of workout you prefer, these seven exercises can help you strengthen all of your muscles and give you a great full-body workout.